At the onset of 2018 summer months, Surat City is faced with water shortage scenario before the monsoons. Due to the impact of global warming, the monsoon trends have been impacted leading to lower rainfall in the Tapi River catchment areas. This has had a cascading effect with less water in the Tapi River flow and hence, less water storage in the Ukai Dam.
Surat city’s water supply is dependent on Ukai Dam reservoir and therefore, we all, citizens of Surat, need to conserve water in the forthcoming months so that we do not run out of water like Cape Town city in South Africa. To spread awareness on saving water among all Suratis, we are organising a Slogan Contest on Water Conservation.
All citizens of Surat are invited to participate in this contest. The winner shall be felicitated in our Social Media handles. The entries can be in English, Hindi or Gujarati. It should be an original slogan, thought of by the participant.
Rules of Contest
1. Entry must be submitted in the comment section. The participants should provide the following information as part of their entry:
1.1 Uploading the image file or pdf file
1.2 Make sure your Mysurat profile is accurate and updated as we will use the information on the profile for further communication. This includes your name, photo and phone number. Entries by those with incomplete profiles would be rejected.
3. The slogan should be catchy and ideally should not be more than 4-6 words.
4. The last date for submission of entry would be 14/06/2018. No entries will be accepted after the time limit.
5. Only those entries which are received on Mysurat platform by the due date and time will be considered for appraisal.
6. All entries will be screened for compliance with contest guidelines and requirements.
7. Entries with incomplete profiles would not be considered.
8. The responsibility to comply with the guidelines and other conditions fully lies with the participant/participants and SMC shall not be liable for any dispute raised by a third party.
9. SMC reserves the right to cancel or amend all or any part of the contest and/or the terms/condition without notice.
10. Winners must have to submit their identity and residential proofs.
11. All contest designs, including those disqualified or rejected by the Jury, shall be Intellectual property of Surat Municipal Corporation and the company shall have full rights to use the design for construction purpose anywhere in city at no cost whatsoever.
12. The winning entry will be/ can be used for promotional and display purposes and also for any other use as may be deemed appropriate for any initiative or purpose decided by SMC.
13. The participants must ensure that none of the entries contain any provocative, objectionable or inappropriate content. Any objectionable entry might be subject to legal action and punishment.
14. All entries must be in one of the following three languages only - English/ Hindi/ Gujarati
1. Only citizens of Surat are eligible for these contests.2. Individual citizen, individual group of peoples, groups, experts, professionals etc. are eligible.3. While any person may submit an entry, site visit is highly recommended.4. Any competitor can submit maximum one contest entry for each Part. The prize will be given to the author of the contest entry.
Last Submission Date : 26 May, 2019
Don’t have an account?
Don’t have an account? Register